Since it’s a virus, treat COVID-19 in the same way you’d treat the common cold or flu—drink fluids, get plenty of rest, and take over the counter medications to relieve the symptoms of cough, congestion, and fever. Antibiotics are not effective against any virus, including cold, flu, and coronavirus.
There is currently no scientific evidence suggesting that the use of ibuprofen can worsen COVID-19. If you are taking prescription ibuprofen, it is safe to continue taking it for your condition as prescribed by your provider. It is also safe to take either over-the-counter ibuprofen or acetaminophen at recommended doses for short-term use to relieve pain and reduce fever. Discuss with your providers about the long-term use of either medication.
Donated plasma is undergoing research and clinical trials for use as a treatment for patients hospitalized with COVID-19. As of May 2020, these trials are actively recruiting for research purposes but may require some screening questions to qualify. You may find more details using the links below:
- Penn Medicine. https://www.pennmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-clinical-trials
- Jefferson Health. https://www.jeffersonhealth.org/coronavirus-covid-19/covidplasma.html
This is a rapidly evolving situation. Please click here for the latest information from the CDC.
You may give permission for someone other than a parent to bring your child(ren) in, speak to the doctor, authorize the child for treatment, vaccinations, medications, certain procedures and to make general health decisions. To do this, you must fill out a Consent to Treat form, sign it, and provide a copy of your ID to the guardian you have authorized when they bring your child in to be seen. You can download the form here.
vybe urgent care is currently offering diagnostic and antibody testing, which includes:
- Diagnostic RT-PCR test
- Diagnostic Rapid RT-PCR test
- Diagnostic Rapid Antigen test
- Antibody test
Learn more about the types of COVID-19 tests offered at vybe.
If you’re experiencing a fever, cough or other symptoms, keep track of your symptoms and self-quarantine. In the midst of the COVID outbreak, patients are also experiencing seasonal concerns like allergies. If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please contact vybe to have your symptoms evaluated, using vybe’s virtual visit service. We can take care of a wide range of healthcare concerns and will determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19 – all from the comfort of home.
If you have an emergency warning sign, such as trouble breathing, seek emergency medical attention immediately.
If you need to seek care for yourself or for a loved one, vybe has you covered. Even if you need care that is not COVID-19 related, we recommend you schedule an online urgent care visit to help practice safe social distancing. Our physician-led team can assess your symptoms wherever you happen to be, as long as you’re in Pennsylvania. We can take care of a wide range of health concerns without requiring a visit to our clinic.
If your health concern requires an in-person visit, vybe is taking extra precautions to keep our patients and our team safe.
- Now taking appointments. We always welcome walk-ins, but to minimize your time in our center, vybe is accepting appointments at all locations. If you have symptoms or fear exposure to COVID-19, you should make a telemedicine/video appointment. For rapid covid tests, please schedule at your nearest vybe location.
- Patients can now complete all registration forms online. By completing registration forms online, patients save time and minimize contact in our centers.
- A healthy team to help you. We perform daily temperature checks and COVID screening on our team and follow other CDC protocols for detecting exposure to coronavirus.
- We take patients immediately to an exam room to limit community exposure or to our socially distanced waiting room.
- vybe has rigorous infection control procedures in place. You demand a clean facility, and so do we. Even before coronavirus, vybe had rigorous procedures in place to protect patients from infection due to bacteria or viruses. These days, we keep our clinics extra spotless, aided by the use of medical-grade disinfectant wipes throughout the clinic that kill any virus, including coronavirus.
- Our team follows all procedures for personal protection. Our team members have and always will sanitize their hands before and after every contact with a patient. We’ll also use gloves and face masks—for your protection and ours!
If you’re not feeling sick and don’t need medical care, we recommend you stay at home and continue social distancing.
Stay up to date on the latest COVID-19 information from vybe and the CDC.
The FDA has granted Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to a limited number of COVID tests. vybe only uses tests that have been authorized by the FDA, including the Quidel rapid antigen test.
vybe sends COVID-19 PCR and antibody tests to LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics. LabCorp is using the Abbott and Roche antibody test platforms. Quest is using Abbott and Euroimmun test platforms. vybe performs onsite processing of the Quidel rapid test using the Sofia 2 machine.
All diagnostic tests have a small margin of error, and COVID-19 tests are no exception. To learn more about why a test might not yield an accurate result, please visit our COVID-19 testing page.
Our urgent care centers are open seven days a week 8:00am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am to 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday. We are open every day of the year except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. We are open 8:00am to 5:00pm on the following holidays: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day and Christmas Eve.
No appointments are needed, and we always accept walk-in patients, but you can speed up your visit by reserving your place in line before you arrive at one of our urgent care centers. Choose a location to save your spot online.
If you plan on using your insurance to cover the costs of your visit, we will verify your insurance coverage by looking at your insurance card. Without it we cannot bill your insurance. If you do not have insurance or your insurance card, we can still see you and you can utilize our self-pay option.
For billing related questions, please call 215-999-2778.
Request for refills must be accompanied by an office visit and will be evaluated on an individual basis.
We have a state-of-the-art radiology department on-site at each of our centers.
If you feel that your condition is life-threatening, you need to be seen in a hospital Emergency Room (ER) and should call 9-1-1. The ER treats life-threatening medical conditions, such as chest pains, severe wounds or amputations. Urgent care centers treat conditions that need immediate attention but are not life or limb threatening.
Our goal is to have you in and out within one hour. While we do accept walk-ins, you can also reduce potential wait time by scheduling an appointment online. Find your nearest vybe urgent care location to schedule an appointment.
All of our centers are staffed by board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, medical assistants and x-ray technologists who have experience and training in emergency medicine, primary care, pediatrics, internal medicine, and sports medicine.
Test results are posted to your patient portal when they arrive. For rapid antigen tests, we post at the end of the day you took your test. vybe will not call you with negative test results, but once you have a patient portal account, you can set an alert to receive an email or text notification when we’ve added new lab results to your portal. Access the portal here: https://14965-1.portal.athenahealth.com/