vybe urgent care is proud to celebrate and welcome diversity, including the LGBTQ+ community. We’re committed to making vybe a place where everyone truly feels comfortable being themselves. We’re a safe environment where LGBTQ+ patients can expect inclusive, high-quality, and culturally-competent care. You’ll find the same welcoming team throughout all of our locations in the Philadelphia area.
Our team is as diverse as you are, and we’re here to help you feel at ease. At vybe, we will ask for and respect your preferred pronouns and gender identity and will handle sensitive topics with respect. In addition, all of our centers have been approved by Google as LGBTQ safe spaces, and our facilities are trans-friendly, with gender-neutral bathrooms.
Our Approach to Care
We affirm these 5 commitments to offering a safe and inclusive setting to help our LGBTQ+ patients get care and get back to living their healthiest lives:
- We believe all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) people have a right to competent and sensitive healthcare providers who understand their unique health concerns and treat them (and their families) with respect.
- We offer all health services on an equal basis, regardless of sexual orientation and behavior, gender identity and expression, intersex conditions, marital status, race, ethnicity, body size, mental or physical ability.
- We believe that all LGBTQ+ identities are part of the range of human diversity and are not a disease, disorder, pathological, unnatural, or sinful. We do not promote or support attempts to change any patient’s sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We respect the visitation and healthcare decision-making rights of LGBTQ+ patients, their unmarried or married partners, their non-biological or biological children, and anyone they may define as family and/or caregivers.
- We commit creating a welcoming environment for LGBTQ+ patients to receive the best possible care, which we achieve by understanding their needs and reflecting these in our forms, policies, procedures, and training for clinical and administrative staff.
We believe that everyone deserves great care, and you’ll be seen urgently and treated kindly.
- Top 10 things you should discuss with your healthcare provider. Click here to learn about your situation, whether gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.
- Directory of LGBTQ+ friendly healthcare providers – Affirming and culturally competent healthcare providers are the solution to inequality in LGBTQ+ healthcare. Find them here.