Medical examinations are required by the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) to obtain a US green card or US citizenship. Only doctors designated by the USCIS as civil surgeons can complete an immigration exam. vybe urgent care provides all necessary medical services to fulfill immigration exam requirements for US citizenship applicants of all ages.
Your immigration exam will include the following:
- Completion of all exam results reporting, including the I-693 form
- Physical examination
- Vaccination1 history review
- Screening for tuberculosis
- Specimen collection for Syphilis and Gonorrhea testing (Required for ages 15 and above)
- Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and any additional necessary laboratory testing are separate charges and will be billed directly from a qualified laboratory.
What the patient needs to bring to the first appointment:
- Currently active Government-issued ID with picture. Passport preferred. Driver’s license, Military ID, and Green Card also acceptable.
- Medical Records translated into English by an official translator (if
needed). These records should include treatment history for Tuberculosis or any other infectious diseases and chest x-ray if you have one.
- Immunization Record translated into English by an official translator (if needed).
- Mental Health Records translated into English by an official translator (if needed).
- Please bring Form I-693 to your exam and fill out section one in black ink. Do not sign section two. The government requires this for the completion of your immigration physical.
What to expect from your visit:
- The first visit may take 2 hours or more, so please plan your time accordingly. The entire process can take 4-6 days depending on tests and vaccinations needed. Please complete Section 1 prior to the first appointment.
- If you require a translator, please bring one with you. vybe will not provide you with one or reimburse for the cost.
Following the completion of the examinations:
- Once all examinations, lab tests, and vaccinations have been completed you will receive a certified and sealed I-693 form which you can give to the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Immigration Service.
- DO NOT OPEN SEALED ENVELOPE!
- You must turn in the sealed I-693 with your immigration application. Results from any testing and labs will be provided to you separate from the sealed I-693 envelope so you can discuss the results with your doctor. The form will not be signed by our Civil Surgeon until all aspects of the medical exam have been completed and any additional fees have been paid.
- The medical exam will remain valid for one year from the date of completion.